How Much Do New Conservatories Cost in the UK?
With it being stated that building a new conservatory can add around 10% to to the value of a house, doing so must be viewed as a very cost efficient method of creating new living area for the family and once you have decided to go down that route finding the best prices for installing a conservatory has to be the next step.
Its not, however, as straight forward as you may think even if you are sure of the size & design that you want because there are many things that can impact the final costs for a fully fitted conservatory – even something as strange as what time of the year you are looking to buy & build can reduce or inflate the cost.
In reality, for any home extension of this type, you will require a budget of a few thousand pounds to get into this market, even at the “low cost” end. Although, if you are after something like a small & very simple Lean-to Design or if you are lucky enough to have the skills to fit, then you could get a DIY kit for under a thousand pounds..
Conditions impacting on pricing
- Building Foundations – is the ground good, what about power cables or drains?
- Materials used in construction– each has different pricing
- Height & Width – the larger or more complicated, the more pricey it’s likely to be to build
- Full Double glazed roof or Poly-carbonate Panels – Polycarb is lighter & cheaper
- Profiles for Frames & Panels – the width, thickness or profile for frames can vary
- Extras such as Brick, block panels & dwarf walls or windows & doors – all can be priced differently
- “Special or Seasonal” offers – ‘off peak’ buying could bring financial benefits
- Building Planning permission – if you live in an ANOB or need authorisation, this will add to the bill.
Deal only with an accredited of properly certified installer ( GGF / FENSA / CERTASS / DGCOS) and arm yourself with no less than 3 written quotations from different sources – thoroughly check warranties or guarantees that are offered.
In general, conservatories prices may start from around £3-5,000 for a “standard” room up to £25-30,000 (or more) for large units such as bespoke orangeries.
Average Conservatory Prices Buyers Guide
To give you an idea of the kind of prices in the market, please refer to to the table below – in terms of the cost of a fully fitted conservatory for your home, then you should get a written quotation from at least 3 different companies so that you can compare prices and offers before investing.
Please Note: The following are for illustration purposes only and are selected using current conservatory prices available on the web – this isn’t an offer to buy / sell but provided as general guide.
|DESIGN||MATERIAL||EXAMPLE FITTED PRICES|
|Lean-to Conservatory||uPVC||£2,900 + depending on features & overall design|
|Victorian Conservatory||uPVC||£4,000 + depending on features & overall design|
|P / T / L Shaped||uPVC||£5,000 + depending on features & overall design|
|Orangeries||Various||£10,000 to £35,000 + for a good example|